Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Patch Chat: Renée Felice Smith


great pics by @reneefsmith in this one...

Patch recently spoke with Patchogue native Renée Felice Smith, who is now a series regular cast member on the TV show NCIS: LA. A spin-off of NCIS, government agents take on undercover work to solve difficult cases, especially those surrounding Navy personnel. Season three recently began filming and will premiere on Sept. 20.

Patchogue Patch: Walk me through the process of how this all came about. In particular, with NCIS: LA. How does one land a role such as that?

Renée Felice Smith: Basically, it's through an audition, like anything else. I auditioned back in August 2010, in New York, for the New York casting directors. They pass your tapes along. Sometimes people in Los Angeles see them, sometimes they don't. I don't really know how it works. I'm guessing that if you catch someone's eye in New York, they'll put in a good word for you with the people who are the show-runners in Los Angeles. And that's sort of how it happened. So the creator of the show, Shane Brennan, called me and told me I'd be coming out to Los Angeles to screen test for the role. And that's what I did. It just kind of unfolded from there.

Read the whole interview: patchogue.patch.com

Picture in this post ©CBS.

No comments: