Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Betrayal (3x09) review by @mokibobolink for @daemonstv


I think I may need a few hours, a good night’s sleep, and possibly a stiff drink to get my head on straight after the ending of tonight’s episode, but I’m going to do my best to write this review now anyway.

Once again I find myself trashing most of the notes I made throughout an episode of a TV show that just knocked me on my butt. Not that I’m complaining. If it means we get endings like the one tonight, I’m all for getting knocked on my ass a few times. So much for all the things I was going to say about Sam being caught in a romance straight out of a romance novel – falling in love with the sister of the man he’s trying to take down, etc, etc.

Instead what we had was Sam on the job and doing whatever it took to catch the bad guy, up to and including making a woman believe that he loved her. I’ll admit to a wee bit of confusion along the way, as I had heard that Sam was supposed to be married (even though we had yet to meet his wife). I just figured that information was wrong or he’d gotten a divorce, etc. But this…this was so much better. I am so in love with the idea of Sam taking a mission as far as he did, even though I know it wasn’t easy on him. Plus we’ve now gotten that little glimpse into his home life that we’ve all been craving. Not nearly enough for me, but I guess it’ll have to do for now.

Read the rest of the review with @mokibobolink favourite bits of the episode on daemonstv.com.