Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TCA Tour: “NCIS: Los Angeles” set visit (before S1)


I so love this story by Linda Hunt...

“On the first day, I was absolutely beside myself, because I had this long list of sort of specs for a new up-to-date cell phone that was absolutely the end, and I had memorized it, but I knew I could never (reel it off) like that. Jimmy Whitmore was directing, and he said, ‘Don’t worry about it, we will try when we get to the end of this scene to see where you are with this, because if you could say it right off the top of your head, it would be wonderful, but we won’t die if that doesn’t happen.’ So we went along, and we had a difficult time, but we got through, we had a good time at the end, and, you know, we had gotten to know each other in the process a little bit.

So when Jimmy came to me and said, ‘Okay, now it’s time to try this list,’ Chris picked up the little cheat sheet that I had, and he got a piece of Scotch tape, and he Scotch-taped it to his chest. His back was to the camera. So every time I thought, ‘Oh, I don’t know what the next thing is,’ I just looked at Chris’s chest. It was wonderful. It’s one of the best things that’s ever happened to me.

I know I’m getting off subject here, but that’s just an example of the way, in the first reading, we have begun to work together as a team, you know, just out of sheer necessity. It’s wonderful how it works.”


Read the whole article on premiumhollywood.com.