Friday, May 18, 2012

Neighborhood Watch (3x22) music

In The Arms Of A Ghost

Written by Jakob Dylan

I’d be the last one to know if you were always unhappy
The first one to ever ask why
Was it me you abandoned are have I just imagined
That you were ever mine
It’s a black and white photo of you that I own
That proves you were ever alive
Is that me that you’re holding or am I just hoping
You held me at least on time
There’s a tap on the window and a bird that comes
In the evenings when I’m alone
There’s a shadow that crosses up over the ceiling
Above my bed below
No two angels are alike but I want to think
If that were you I’d know
Love is much worse off than blind in the arms of your ghost

Were your eyes the same kind of blue as the sea
Or more like the sky when it’s dawn
Did your hair grow blond by the end of the summer
And did you always wear it long
Did you stay between cities in the wilderness where
Living wasn’t too much to bare
Did you fall from a wire where a pathway of fire
Overtook you there
There’s a light that appears up over the buildings
Before the others come
That vanishes once it’s been noticed returning back
To wherever it’s from
No two stars are alike but I want to think
If that were you I’d know
Love is much worse off than blind in than arms of a ghost

In the night do you bow your head down and ask
God to be there with you
And if you do why won’t you ask him
Why I can’t be there too
Are you laughing or crying is somebody there
Someone that you want near
These thoughts of you they lie down deep
Where there aren’t any tears
In my sleep I can hear the voice of a woman
That’s beautiful and young
Saying do understand you’re none of the reasons
Why I am gone
No two dreams are alike but I want to think
If that were you I’d know
Love is much worse off than blind in than arms of a ghost

Song from the opening scene of NCIS Los Angeles episode "Neighborhood Watch" where Deeks gets up & Kensi returns from her morning jog... 1st Densi "kiss"... ;-)