Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Touch of Death (3x21) review by @mokibobolink for @tvequals

The Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles crossover event concluded last night in NCISLA’s “Touch of Death.” Pretty clever that both episodes had the same title, with H50′s being in Hawaiian.

When I reviewed the first part of the crossover on Monday, I wished for more crossovers and now I have to second that. In fact I nearly demand it. I need another crossover simply because there is too much that I know we missed without Steve being there. Danny and Deeks messing with each other was pure gold to watch and I have to wonder who Steve would have interacted with the most. Would he have flirted with Kensi? Maybe given Callen some grief in that Navy Seal way that Sam does? For now we can only wonder.

But getting back to last night’s episode, Danny and Chin fly out to LA on the hunt for the deadly virus that could conceivably take out the whole world if no one stops the person behind it. They start their search with Dr. Proderman, who is played by Rob Benedict and who I adore. In fact I was almost a little sad that he didn’t turn out to be their head bad guy, but only a lowly bad guy. I would like to have seen more of him. After a lot of twists and turns, the team finds that it’s a Dr. Rachel Holden behind the plot; a woman who thinks that wiping out a good portion of the earth’s population is a good idea. Talk about a loon.

Read the rest of the review with @mokibobolink favourite bits of the episode on tvequals.com.